This article is not intended to be exhaustive. For more information about coronavirus and the Colorado workplace, read a comprehensive employer’s guide here. We also encourage you to supplement your knowledge of coronavirus by visiting the website of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment. For immediate medical advice, please contact your healthcare professional.
Coronavirus (or COVID-19) is a topic you probably hear about multiple times a day. Whether discussed on the news, at home, or in the office, it’s top of mind for many people. As the CDC and medical experts continue to expand their knowledge of coronavirus and its potential impact here in the U.S. and globally, we’re interested in how we can help employers and employees best protect the workplace.
The following tips will help keep your employees safe and your business on track.
6 Quick Tips for Protecting Your Workplace
- Encourage employees to work from home if they’re sick.
- Ask employees to wash their hands with soap and water often and to avoid contact with people who are sick or showing symptoms of illness.
- Routinely clean office environments and provide cleaning products to all employees to use in their work area.
- Advise employees who have recently traveled to be extra observant of any symptoms that may arise.
- Educate employees on what the coronavirus is, symptoms to look for, and how to minimize the risk of becoming sick.
- Take all employee reports and concerns about the illness seriously.
While there haven’t been any reported cases of coronavirus in Colorado at the time of this article, there’s always a chance the virus can spread. Following the tips above is a great way to encourage health best practices, keep everyone safe and focused without overreacting, and help your workplace operate as it normally would. It’s also a good time to make sure your sick policy is clear and updated.
Obsidian HR helps small organizations develop sick policies and provide comprehensive health and benefits plans so you can be prepared for unexpected situations like this. Our local team of experts is here to help with your policy needs or answer any HR questions you have. To learn more about how Obsidian HR helps employers hire, pay, manage, and protect their employees, schedule some time with one of our experts today.
You can also download the comprehensive Employer’s Guide to the Coronavirus here.